Thursday, November 4, 2010

student-teacher

i remember when I chain-smoked
paid fifty cents for burnt coffee
because it made me avant-garde-
it said that i didn't care-
and thought i had all the answers.
i didn't-
and i knew that.
i was well aware that i was full of it.
but that rarely deterred me-
never stopped my desire to speak.
i would not be silent.
now you drink the same shit-stain coffee,
fight with the same washing machines
hide the same beer cans
behind the same mattress-
and you sit
and you know it all now.
but you actually might
and i wait to watch
to hear
and listen-
hoping that some of it
maybe just a piece of it
will rub off
via the internet.

2 comments:

  1. i like this one . it says a lot in ways i cant describe . for some reason it makes me wanna try harder in everything .

    ReplyDelete
  2. again your sense of detail in the imagery is really good. Feels like i'm being channelled somehow, thinking of where I'm going right now with my career as an actor in the wings

    ReplyDelete