Thursday, February 3, 2011

circles

I am sure of very little.
The Earth goes 'round the sun,
the leaves turn red in Autumn,
people live their lives the way they choose.
Those choices are unclear
and yet impact my day to day existence
where all I can be sure of
is I need to get my boots re-soled.

I stay up later than I used to,
later than I should
and whisper things that I have said
a million times before to myself
because I'm the one who listens to it.
I'm the one who rearranges
those words that eventually sound natural
and make sense
or at least don't bang into each other and fall over my teeth
onto the floor.

I think out turn-by-turn directions
to un-had conversations that might someday grace my ears
and make me quiver, smile, or cry.
But until those words are spoken
and I know what she is looking for
I only know the little that I know
my shoes need new soles.

No comments:

Post a Comment